Looking for a quick, easy and addictive holiday treat that doesn’t require baking? White Chocolate Christmas Popcorn is what you’re looking for! This white chocolate popcorn requires no baking and just a few steps. Perfect for holiday gatherings or gift giving!
White Chocolate Christmas Confetti Popcorn is already a holiday hit in my house! There are only a few ingredients, that you likely already have on hand if you’ve done any holiday baking, and a few steps until this delicious confetti popcorn is ready to be indulged.
Popcorn snacks are a must for any movie night and this has become our go-to for any holiday movie this season. Imagine yourself curled up on the couch next to the Christmas tree watching Frosty the Snowman with a big bowl of Christmas popcorn. That sounds like a perfect winter night to me!
In a normal year, this popcorn recipe would be my top suggestion for a holiday party snack. It’s the treat that will have guests hovering over the snack table! While big parties may not be a thing this year, one of the best things about this Christmas popcorn is that you can adjust the recipe to a big or small group – so even if you’re just having an intimate family get-together, you’ll want confetti popcorn on the menu!
This Christmas crunch stores well, and as I mentioned, it’s easy to make large batches, which makes it ideal for an edible gift. Find a cute container or gift bag to fill and tie with a nice ribbon. The perfect treat for neighbours, the mailman, teachers, or anyone else you want to give a delicious surprise.
Ingredients & Substitions
- Popcorn kernels – In a pinch, you can also use microwave popcorn.
- Coconut oil – Adding a touch of coconut oil to the chocolate helps reduce the chance of the chocolate seizing making it impossible to work with. You can also substitute with shortening but coconut oil is the healthiest option that results.
- White chocolate chips – You can also use white chocolate baking melts.
- Dark chocolate chunks – Dark chocolate baking bits or chips also work. You could also substitute milk chocolate chips.
- Red and green sprinkles – The sprinkles are why this is sometimes called “confetti popcorn” and gives this popcorn a holiday cheer.
How To Make Christmas Popcorn
In a large pot pop popcorn kernels with 2 tbsp with coconut oil leaving the lid of the pot just slightly off to stop the kernels from flying. Remove as soon as popping subsides.
Add to a large bowl.
In a small microwave-safe bowl add the white chocolate and the 1/2 tsp of coconut oil or shortening. Microwave on low or using the melt chocolate feature for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir to complete the melting process. Stir until smooth.
Drizzle half of the white chocolate over the popcorn and sprinkle with half the salt, Mix. Drizzle the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with salt and mix again.
Toss in the dark chocolate chunks and sprinkles and mix.
Now you are ready to relax, sit back and enjoy your favourite holiday movie!
Storing Christmas Popcorn
You can easily store this Christmas popcorn at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy within 3 days for the freshest taste.
What Substitutions Can I Make To This Christmas Popcorn?
Get creative! If you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, swap it out for milk chocolate. If you can find colored white chocolate baking chips, use those for an even more festive popcorn snack!
Other Edible Gift Ideas
- Homemade Orange Marmalade
- Cherry Tomato Jam
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- Old-Fashioned Brown Sugar Fudge
- Santa’s Reindeer Chow
- Oreo Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
White Chocolate Christmas Popcorn
- Large pot with lid or popcorn maker
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp red and green sprinkles
- In a large pot pop popcorn kernels with 2 tbsp with coconut oil leaving the lid of the pot just slightly off so to stop the kernels from flying. Remove as soon as popping subsides.
- Add to a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl add the white chocolate and the 1/2 tsp of coconut oil or shortening. Microwave on low or using the melt chocolate feature for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir to complete the melting process. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle half of the white chocolate over the popcorn and sprinkle with half the salt, Mix. Drizzle the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with salt and mix again.
- Toss in the dark chocolate chunks and sprinkles and mix.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.