A decadent chocolate fudge recipe made with only 4-ingredients with unlimited variations to make it all your own! Creamy rich fudge that is perfect for holiday parties or gifts for family and friends!
To celebrate all things chocolate I have joined over 70 other bloggers to celebrate what we call #Choctoberfest. An annual recipe-sharing event to share our delicious chocolate recipe creations from around the world. Get set for a week full of chocolate cakes, pies, cookies, puddings, tarts, candies, and more. You can follow along by searching for the hashtag #Choctoberfest on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. Or, simply follow any of the participating bloggers listed below.
Fudge is something that reminds me of fall. There isn’t a fall fair that you can go to that doesn’t have a booth giving away fudge samples that make it nearly impossible to resist bringing some home. The creamy smooth texture and the rich chocolatey taste makes my mouth just water thinking about it.
So when I heard about Chocotoberfest I knew exactly what I was going to make as my first recipe… Chocolate fudge of course!
The best part is this is one of the easiest recipes to put together. Made with just sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips melted together with a sprinkle of salt and a touch of vanilla to create a thick and velvety chocolate blanket you pour into a square pan to cool. Waiting for it to cool is the hardest part of this recipe.
Want to make it fancy? Here are some variations to test out
Chocolate Fudge Recipe Variations
Adding a little pizzaz is incredibly easy. Try adding the following ingredients to your recipe
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans or pistachios
- Candied fruit like cherries, apricots or cranberries
- 1 cup Marshmallows and ½ cup peanuts for a rocky road inspired recipe
- Crushed peppermint candies, Skor bits or coconut to the top and gently press into the top of the warm fudge before cooling in the prepared pan
- 1 tbsp of rum, bourbon or Frangelico to the fudge and stir in at the same time you add the vanilla
Tips and Tricks for Making Perfect Chocolate Fudge
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper prior to pouring the fudge into the pan to cool. This will make it easy to just lift the cooled fudge out of the pan to cut.
- If adding nuts or coconut to the fudge for decoration make sure you add these loose ingredients before the fudge has cooled and gently press them into the top or else they will just roll off the top
- Make sure you are using sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk. It is true some chocolate fudge recipes call for evaporated milk but since this recipe only has two ingredients it is the sweetened condensed milk that adds the sweetness but more importantly is the thickening agent in this recipe.
- The dash of salt makes all the difference so don’t leave it out. You can it won’t ruin the recipe but salt releases aroma molecules and as they say, we taste with our noses. Adding salt helps to bring out more of that chocolate flavour… drools! Here is more info about why salt and chocolate are friends.
Chocolate fudge is a great addition to any cookie platter or wrap it up as a gift for friends, family, teachers or your mail delivery person. So easy to make and I have never met a person who doesn’t like chocolate fudge.
Need more chocolate in your life? Here are some other great chocolate recipes on The Delicious Spoon to try!
Plus as part of #Choctoberfest there are over 70 other bloggers creating delicious chocolate recipes too!
We also have some awesome sponsors, who make #Choctoberfest possible every year. Our sponsors have banded together to put together a delicious prize pack worth over $400! Here’s what you get if you win! (Scroll down to enter.)
- Candy Gift Pack from blog host Triple Chocolate Kitchen, which includes 180-pack of Lindt LINDOR Chocolate Truffles (dark, milk, and white). Triple Chocolate Kitchen organizes #Choctoberfest, as well as posting chocolate recipes throughout the year.
- Chocolate and Cocoa Gift Pack from Divine Chocolate, which includes a variety of high-quality fair trade chocolate bars, cocoa powder, and Divine Chocolate swag. Divine Chocolate’s baking line consists of three premium quality flavors ranging from 55% to 100% cocoa for a wide variety of delicious desserts. Their chocolate products are made with 100% cocoa butter and are non-GMO and Vegan Society Certified.
- $100 Nordic Ware Gift Card and 40 Pounds of Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar. They are currently hosting their annual Scary Scramble, featuring delicious fall-inspired recipes using Imperial Sugar’s high-quality sweeteners. Imperial Sugar has been a kitchen staple for over 175 years!
- Collagen Fuel™ Drink Mix Gift Pack from Primal Kitchen. The ingredients in these drink mixes help support hair, skin, and nails. Their chocolate version has organic, fair-trade cocoa and coconut milk powders, with no wheat, soy, or dairy ingredients.
- Cracker Gift Pack from Mary’s Gone Crackers. The lucky winner will get to try a variety of crackers, many of which pair well with chocolate (check their recipe page for ideas!). Mary’s products are vegan, cruelty-free, and organic.
- Fig Spread Gift Pack from Dalmatia Spreads. With flavors like sour cherry, plum, blackberry, and orange, you’ll find that several of Dalmatia’s fig-based spreads work well in chocolate recipes. Use as a filling for crépes, serve warm over ice cream, or spread onto toast. They even have a fig cocoa spread that uses fair trade cocoa.
- Alkaline Water Pack from Perfect Hydration. Wash down all those delicious chocolate desserts with Perfect Hydration water. This 9.5+ pH alkaline water helps to effectively restore and rebalance the body to optimum pH levels. This water goes through a 9-stage filtration process, has no added sodium, chlorine, or fluoride, and is packaged in recyclable BPA-free bottles.
- Kitchen Conversions Chart and Etsy Gift Card from Moonflower Mountain. Winner chooses the colors for this flower-adorned conversion chart, which makes it easy to double any recipe or convert from cups to tablespoons.
This is a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). One lucky winner will be drawn randomly on October 20, 2019 and contacted via email. See terms and conditions for more details. Enter the giveaway now:
Entries from spam or inactive accounts are invalid. #Choctoberfest bloggers, sponsors, and their immediate families/households are not eligible to win. This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Make sure you check out the participating bloggers to see #Choctoberfest recipes throughout the week:
Triple Chocolate Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Labour of Life • A Little Fish in the Kitchen • A Southern Fairytale • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair from the Heart • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Broken Teepee • Bunsen Burner Bakery • Champagne and Coconuts • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook with Renu • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Crafty Cooking Mama • Daily Dish Recipes • Dixie Chik Cooks • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Family Breakfast Recipes • First Timer Cook • Fix Me a Little Lunch • Frugal & Fit • Fun Happy Home • Get the Good Stuff! • Glenda Embree • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • How Was Your Day? • I Can Cook That • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Stories • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Life & Medicine Blog • Life on Food • Long Distance Baking • Lynchburg Mama • Makes, Bakes and Decor • Making Miracles • Mama Needs Cake • Memories In The Kitchen • Our Good Life • Our Sutton Place • Palatable Pastime • Queenslee Appétit • Reviewz & Newz • Sarah Cooks the Books • Sarah’s Bake Studio • Seduction In The Kitchen • Shockingly Delicious • Simple Family Crazy Life • Simply Inspired Meals • Sneha’s Recipe • Style Island • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Sweet Coralice • Sweet Dash of Sass • Take Two Tapas • That Recipe • The Awesome Muse •
Chocolate Fudge Recipe
3-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- heat resistant bowl
- 8X8 square baking dish
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line 8" or 9" square baking dish with parchment paper
- Add about 2 or 3 inches of water to the bottom of a medium saucepan then place the heat resistant bowl over top just above the water. Ensure that edges of bowl are tight up against the saucepan because you do not want any water to splash into the bowl. Water will cause the chocolate to seize. Bring water to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate, and the 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix until chocolate is melted, smooth and combined with the condensed milk.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat at pour into prepared baking dish. Press down gently till fudge is even and pushed into every edge of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap in cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When cooled lift the parchment paper with fudge out of the baking dish and peel away the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve. Store covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Fudge becomes softer at room temperature.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like…
Or check out todays choctoberfest recipes
Screen reader support enabled.
Pin it for later!