Currently I am doing 80 Days Obsession… a new workout program developed by Autumn Calabrese. The base of this recipe is one of the recipes approved for this program but instead of golden raisins and walnuts I used dark chocolate chips.
Ok Ok I know what you are thinking… chocolate chips aren’t really avoiding sugar. Well you are right but dark chocolate contains less sugar and there is absolutely no processed sugar in this recipe so I call it a win.
Plus…I only use about a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips in the recipe so each cookie only gets about 2 chips so time to give this girl a break … coming off sugar withdrawl brings out my cookie monster, sorry.
Ripe bananas are naturally sweet and are fantastic to use as a natural sweetener in many recipes. I like to make a double batch of these and freeze them.
If you follow the 21 Day Fix Nutrition Plan two Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies counts as a yellow. These would be considered a treat though so only pull out in case of emergencies… you know the kind that have have you hunting through the cupboards for a sugar fix kind of emergency.
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup dry old-fashion oats gluten free if possible
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips aim for 75% or higher
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mash the two ripe bananas
- Add the oats, cinnamon, sea salt
- Mix well
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until even throughout batter
- Drop well rounded tbsp of batter on to cookie sheet
- Bake for 5-7 or until firm to the touch
Looking for more great recipe ideas? Check these out!