This Breakfast Carrot Bread Recipe is the perfect way to start the day! Each breakfast loaf contains a serving of veggies, protein, and whole grains along with your favorite carrot cake spices. A healthy breakfast recipe worth waking up for!
What Makes This Carrot Bread Great
- It can be made ahead for a quick breakfast or snack when you need it.
- Each breakfast loaf contains one serving of vegetables, whole-grain oats, and protein.
- Portable for a breakfast on the run.
- Toast them up and add a little butter or cream cheese frosting.
- Made in a few minutes using just a blender and loaf pans for easy cleanup.
- They smell amazing because of the carrot cake spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Because they have a good balance of protein and carbs this carrot cake bread will keep you filled until lunch… even a late lunch.
- This recipe makes 4 loaves.
Is This Breakfast Carrot Bread Like Carrot Cake?
Yes and no. This carrot bread recipe uses the same warm spices you will find in a carrot cake – cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves but is not as sweet and isn’t covered in frosting. You can cover it in frosting if you like but the idea behind this carrot loaf is more to create a great tasting breakfast vs a sweet dessert.
There are also two whole eggs in each carrot loaf and instead of flour, this recipe calls for rolled oats. There is no added sugar, just the sweetness of the carrots.
If you want a little more sweetness you can certainly add some cream cheese frosting or maple brown butter drizzle over top!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Carrots – Matchstick or grated carrots will work fine. You will be putting them through the blender so either will do but avoid chopped or whole carrots because they won’t blend as well and you will get a gritty texture when the carrot loaves are done.
- Eggs – This is the glue that holds it all together but also provides a whole serving of protein in each carrot loaf.
- Oats – rolled or quick, it doesn’t really matter for this recipe because it will all be blended.
- Vanilla – Adds flavor.
- Baking powder – The leavening agent that helps the carrot bread recipe rise.
- Salt – Activates the baking powder and enhances the flavor.
- Spices – Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
How To Make Breakfast Carrot Bread
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a blender add the grated carrots, eggs, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
Close the cover of the blender tightly and blend on high for about 3-5 seconds. All you need is for everything to be mixed well and the carrots to be broken down into small fine pieces.
Grease four mini loaf pans with butter or baking spray.
Evenly pour the batter into each of the 4 loaf pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of each breakfast carrot cake loaf.
When done remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove the homemade carrot bread from the pan and set them on a paper towel for a minute or two.
Carrot Breakfast Bread can be a little moist on the bottom from the high amount of eggs in this recipe. Sitting them for a minute or two on paper towels helps to soak up some of the moisture.
- Add a 1/4 cup of organic raisins for a touch of sweetness.
- Add a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts for some added crunch and healthy fat.
- Cut in half lengthwise and toast before eating add a tsp of peanut butter or butter as you wish – They are the best toasted!
- Drizzle with Brown Butter Maple Frosting.
- Spread on some cream cheese or cream cheese frosting.
- Make them into carrot muffins by baking them in a well-greased non-stick muffin tin.
Can This Carrot Bread Be Made Gluten-Free?
Yes, all you need to do is use gluten-free oats and baking powder. Everything else is the same.
Storage and Freezing
Let the carrot loaves cool completely and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap or store them in a tightly sealed container lined with a paper towel or parchment paper. They can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 4 months.
Thaw them in the microwave or in the fridge overnight.
More Bread and Loaf Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Banana Bread
- Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bread
- Gluten-Free Corn Bread
Breakfast Carrot Bread
- 4 Mini Loaf Pans
- 4 cups match stick or grated carrots
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Lightly grease 4 mini loaf pans with butter or baking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on low for a few seconds just to mix well and break down the carrots into smaller pieces. If adding raisins or nuts leave them out and do not put these items in the blender.
- Pour batter from the blender evenly into each of the 4 mini loaf pans. Sprinkle with nuts or raisins if you like.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest of 5 minutes before removing from loaf pans.
- Serve immediately or save for later.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.