This Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread recipe is the perfect breakfast giving a full serving for protein, veggies, and simple carbs to start your day off right! Make ahead or serve hot out of the oven these glorious gluten-free carrot cakes are a complete breakfast.
Last January, I started a fitness program called 80 Day Obsession. It is a Beachbody workout that incorporates timed nutrition to maximize results. I liked it a lot because it made figuring out what to eat each day very easy.
Some might see it as a bit regimented but I like plans where the thinking is pretty much removed. Less thinking means less cheating! Each morning my meals consisted of protein usually in the form of two eggs a cup of veggies and a small serving of simple carbs an hour or so before my early morning workout.
Actually, the workout didn’t have to be in the morning but that is what worked best for me. Thing is scrambled eggs, oatmeal and spinach each morning was a no brainer but got boring real fast.
I set out to find some options to break free from the “same old, same old”. Some people can eat protein like chicken with eggs in the morning but I just can’t do it. Chicken in the morning… ugh… and yes I know eggs are from chickens!
Eggs and bacon, Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes or a protein shake are about as creative as I have been able to get in the past that is until I came across this recipe for these Gluten Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Breads.
How to Make Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour 4 mini loaf pans.
In a blender add the shredded or match sticked carrots, eggs, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and vanilla. Close the cover of the blender tightly and blend on high for about 2-3 seconds. All you need is for everything to be mixed well and the carrots are broken down to small fine pieces.
Evenly pour the batter into each of the 4 loaf pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of each bread. When done remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove breads from pan and set on a paper towel for a minute or two.
I find that these breakfast breads can be a little moist on the bottom from the high amount of eggs in this recipe. Sitting them for a minute or two on paper towels helps to soak up some of the moisture. I also highly recommend cutting them in half lengthwise and toasting in a toaster oven or large toaster. Doing so gives them a nice crunch.
Options to Make These Gluten Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Breads Your Own:
- Add a 1/4 cup of organic raisins to for a touch of sweetness
- Add a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts for some added crunch and healthy fat
- Freeze for up to two months or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days
- Cut in half lengthwise and toast before eating and add a tsp of peanut butter or butter as you wish – They are the best toasted!
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
This Gluten Free Carrot Recipe includes rolled oats, eggs, carrots and the right amount of spice to give you a complete morning meal or afternoon snack. This recipe gets its moistness and healthy fats from the two eggs per loaf and a full serving of veggies. Perfection in cake form!
If you like this recipe please give it a 5-star rating.
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
- 4 Mini Loaf Pans
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 4 mini loaf pans with butter.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on low for a few seconds just to mix well and breakdown the carrots to smaller pieces. If adding raisins or nuts leave out and do not put these items in blender.
- If raisins or nuts are desired add them in after base mixture has been blended and gently mix.
- Pour batter from blender evenly into each of the 4 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest of 5 minutes before removing from loaf pans.
- Serve immediately or save for later. Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Recipe adapted from a recipe found on Fit & Fierce Mama.
If you like this Gluten Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread you might also like….
Pin It For Later!