This delightful recipe is one of my favourite peanut butter desserts! A smooth peanut butter filling layered between a chocolate cookie wafer crust and then topped with a creamy chocolate whip. Finish it off with sprinkled crumbled pieces of peanut butter cups and Oreo cookies on top.
OMG so delicious!
We were invited to a party last weekend. A friend of my husband’s and his wife since he was 5 years old.
I never want to show up empty handed so of course I put it out there asking what can I bring and was asked to bring a dessert.
Normally I would be all over this but the problem is I am more of a cookie, pie cake kind of dessert maker. And… they have 4 boys and we have 2 kids so this recipe needed to be kid friendly.
With being a food blogger I also seem to put some added pressure on myself to deliver something awesome! Definitely not store bought.
So I set off to Pinterest of course for inspiration. I wanted a light summery recipe that I could make in a pan and that would wow both the grown ups and kids. A recipe so good that the kids would be rendered silent for a few brief minutes while they gobble up their dessert.
Luckily I found this recipe from Cakes Cottage.
The original recipe called for a 9″ X 9″ pan but with a recipe this good and a big party to go to I knew I would need to double the recipe. Instead I chose to go with an 11″ X 13″ glass pan.
Good thing I did because there were a lot more people at the party than I expected and we still had leftovers. Bonus!
Here are a few tips that I learned when jumping into this recipe to help making this recipe easy to make.
TIPS FOR PREPARING AND SERVING THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT
- Read the instructions the night before starting or hours in advance. The cream cheese needs to be soft at room temperature and the Cool Whip needs to be thawed. This takes time.
- Use your blender to crush the cookies into crumbs but only put in maybe 15 at a time. If you put too many in the blender at once I found they did not get crushed and I had large pieces of cookie left.
- In lieu of crushing Oreo cookies in your blender you can buy ready to bake chocolate cookie crumbs at your local bulk food store or sometimes in the baking section at the grocery story beside the graham cracker crumbs
- After you are done making this dessert cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the freezer. Take out a 5 – 10 minutes before serving. It is much easier to cut when slightly frozen.
EASY NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT RECIPE
A no bake chocolate peanut butter dessert that is light and creamy and super easy make. Layers of fluffy chocolate and peanut butter whip on top of a rich chocolate wafer crush and topped with pieces of Oreo cookies and peanut butter cups.
The light and creamy recipe that is the perfect ending to any meal!
If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert
- In a blender crush 20 Oreo Cookies - Ensure there are no large pieces and cookies are finely crushed.
- In a small bowl combine the Oreo Cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press evenly into a 9 X 9 glass pan
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, icing sugar and peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until well blended and fluffy.
- Gently fold in half of the Cool Whip topping and combine well. Spread evenly over Oreo cookie crust.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the quartered peanut butter cups evenly on top of peanut butter layer.
- In a medium bowl add make the Chocolate Pudding to package directions. Likely add the pudding powder and milk and beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer or wire wisk. Gently fold in remaining Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over peanut butter and candy layer.
- With a rolling pin or mallet crush remaining Oreo Cookies. Sprinkle remaining cookie bits and peanut butter cup pieces over top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours in the freezer. Before serving remove from freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes or when easy to cut.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
This recipe can also be found on Miz Helen’s Country Kitchen in Full Plate Thursday.