This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias.
Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea is an easy to make refreshing drink perfect for a relaxing summer lunch date with friends. Fresh blueberry juice, lemon juice and green tea is all you need to create this simple iced tea recipe. Pour over ice and decorate with some fresh lemon wedges and blueberries and you have the perfect summer drink. You can also Make a big batch and turn it into a great summer punch for your next backyard party!
Interested in trying out the Bigelow Tea offerings? Hover over the photo above to click through to Walmart.com for purchasing
Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea
I have been a tea lover for years. Sharing tea with my grandmother over cookies have always been some of my favorite memories. There is just something about a nice glass of tea hot or cold that brings back a sense of nostalgia and a sense of charm to any occasion. Tea is sort of like a warm hug in my opinion and is nice shared with friends or just time alone reading a good book and tucking in for the night.
There are some many wonderful flavors of tea to try so it is really hard to get bored of a good cup of tea. Black Tea, Green Tea, Orange Pekoe or perhaps some soothing herbal teas like Lemon, Peach, Mint, Raspberry and so many more.
Bigelow Tea is my favorite brand to buy from because they have some many flavors of tea to choose each in a foil bag for greater freshness. It is also nice to know that Bigelow Teas has been family owned for 3 generations and that they continue to use only the best quality tea and ingredients. I find that Walmart or Walmart.com is the easiest place to find Bigelow Tea and has the best selection.
I know that many people like to make iced tea using flavor crystals but honestly I have no idea why? Iced tea is so easy to make and using tea bags. Not does brewing your own iced tea taste better it also makes it really easy to try different flavors and get creative. Plus I am a huge fan of knowing what I am eating or drinking and the idea of drinking powder crystals quite frankly is a little off putting. The fewer ingredients needed the better and for tea hot or cold the only two ingredients necessary are tea and water.
Iced Tea is super easy to make au natural!
How to Make Iced Tea
Heat up a pot of water to nearly a boil. You will know the water is ready when you can hear it rumbling but the teapot hasn’t started to whistle yet. Don’t worry though if you do bring the water to a boil just remove the pot from the heat and let sit a minute to cool down a little bit.
Place 6 tea bags in a teapot or you could use a small pot with a lid and add 4 cups of the semi-boiled water. Cover and let the tea and water steep for about 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags from the water. Don’t squeeze the tea bags out when removing or you will give the tea a bit of a bitter aftertaste.
Cool the tea down, and pour into a pitcher or a glass and serve over ice and there you have it… Iced Tea!
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea
To make the Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea Recipe I like to use Bigelow Lemon Green Tea. Follow the instructions above for making iced tea but while the tea is cooling down make the Lemon Blueberry juice.
To make the lemon blueberry juice in a medium pot ad ½ lb of fresh blueberries, 1 cup of water and a ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Remove the blueberry liquid from heat and add 2 tbsp of honey and stir.
Next place a strainer over a large bowl. Then pour the blueberry mixture into the strainer so that the juice goes through the strainer and into the bowl. The strainer catches all the blueberries just leaving the blueberry juice in the large bowl. Gently press on the blueberries to get all of the blueberry juice goodness out of the berries for greater flavor.
Tip: Keep the crushed blueberries and use them to add to some shortcakes or angel food cake. Top with whipped cream for an easy dessert to pair perfectly with the Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea. Great for a tea party!
Here are some other great recipes that would be perfect for a backyard tea party
Now that you know how easy it is to make iced tea from scratch the possibilities are endless. Bigelow Tea has many flavors to try. All you need to do is use your imagination to create a delicious iced tea to enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea
- 4 cups water semi-boiled
- 6 Tea Bags of Bigelow Lemon Green Tea
- 1/2 lb fresh blueberries rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a large tea pot of sauce pan heat 4 cups of water to just before a boil. If water boils just let it cool off for a minute before continuing
- Add 6 teabags to a covered tea pot or covered saucepan and let steep for 3 minutes. Remove and discard teabags. Do not squeeze teabags when removing. Let tea cool.
- While water is heating or tea is steeping in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat add the blueberries, lemon juice, 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl and carefully pour the blueberry mixture into the sieve so that the juice flows into the bowl but the blueberries are separated. Discard blueberries.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey and stir till well mixed and melted into the blueberry juice.
- Pour cool steeped tea into a large jug (I prefer glass) and add 1 1/2 cups of blueberry juice mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour to cool liquid completely.
- Serve Blueberry Lemon Iced Tea over in a glass over ice and garnish with some lemon wedges and fresh blueberries.