Salmon Avocado Salad Sandwich
Made with flaky baked salmon and bright flavours like lemon and dill, this Salmon Avocado Salad is a quick, easy, and healthy lunch idea. Serve it on bread as a salmon salad sandwich, on crackers, or in a lettuce wrap for a low-carb option.
When it comes to weekday lunches, recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy are a must for me. I’m not a fan of big, heavy lunches that leave me feeling like I need a nap afterwards but I also don’t want something so light I’m hungry again in an hour.
This salmon and avocado salad is the perfect in-between. Thanks to the baked salmon and Greek yogurt, it’s packed with protein so it’s super filling but it’s not heavy either, especially if served in a lettuce wrap. The prep takes me just 5 minutes and it’s the perfect way to use up any baked salmon leftovers from the night before.
When it comes to salmon lunch ideas, this recipe is definitely at the top of my list!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Baked salmon – I used my easy 3 ingredient flaky baked salmon recipe. But you can use your favourite baked or grilled salmon or even canned salmon if you wish.
- Avocado – Look for an avocado that’s soft but not mushy.
- Celery – Adds a nice crunch to the salad.
- Green onion – I prefer green onion for the lighter, sweeter taste it provides. But you could use a chopped white or yellow onion too.
- Plain Greek yogurt – You can also use vegan mayonnaise.
- Fresh dill – Adds a fresh flavor to the avocado salmon salad.
- Lemon – You’ll add both lemon juice and lemon zest. Be sure to use freshly squeezed juice!
- Garlic – I’ve found that grating the garlic versus mincing it or chopping it works best.
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Baked Salmon Avocado Salad
This salmon salad recipe could not be any easier to make. Just place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. See below for my favourite ways to serve this!
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Serve alone, on sliced bread as a sandwich or on leaf lettuce wraps.
One of the reasons I love this salmon and avocado salad is because there are so many ways to serve it. You can enjoy it a different way each time and never get bored.
Here are a few of my favourite ways:
- On bread as a salmon salad sandwich (open faced sandwiches are great!)
- On crackers
- In lettuce wraps (great low carb option!)
- Over rice, quinoa, or pasta
- Or simply dive in with a fork and enjoy!
Can I Use Canned Salmon Instead Of Baked?
Yes, this salmon and avocado salad can absolutely be made with canned salmon. Just pick a quality brand. This is a great option for a quick meal since using canned salmon would reduce any prep required.
Can I Make This Dairy-Free?
To make your salmon avocado salad dairy-free, just swap the Greek yogurt for your favourite vegan mayonnaise. Easy peasy!
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftover salmon salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. The lemon juice in the recipe should keep the avocado from browning. You can also press plastic wrap to touch the salad which will also help prevent oxidation.
This salad should be eaten fresh and not frozen, due to the avocado and dairy ingredients.
More Lunch Ideas:
- Air Fryer Salmon Croquettes
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- Crunch Chinese Chicken Salad
- Egg Roll In A Bowl
Salmon Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 1 lb cooked salmon flaked; bones removed
- 1/2 cup avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Serve alone, on sliced bread as a sandwich or on leaf lettuce wraps.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you like this Recipe You may Also Enjoy…
Pin It For Later!
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make An Avocado Salmon Sandwich Story.
Enjoyed this very much! Full of flavor
So happy you enjoyed it Millie!
We loved the fresh bright flavors in this salad. Thanks for a delicious recipe.
THis sandwich has got all of my favourite flavours. Great for lunch and as a salad too.
Healthy foods never tasted so good until I made this and its over the top delicious!
This recipe will probably take the place of tuna salad in my house from now on, even my husband loved it!