Made with Teddy Grahams, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanuts, this S’mores Trail Mix is a sweet and salty snack that can be made in just minutes. A hit with kids and adults alike!
Save This Recipe!
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, you get more tasty recipes every week!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack that can double as a dessert (or just satisfy your afternoon sweet tooth), try this S’mores Trail Mix! It has all the flavors of classic s’mores with no requirement for a bonfire and a lot less mess.
S’mores mix is perfect for kids, whether you serve it up as an after dinner dessert or special afternoon treat. You can even serve it in an ice cream cone for extra fun points and it would be great at a kids birthday party.
This is a fun one for adults too, though. I love to snack on it throughout the day and it would be great at a summer party. Plus, it’s made with just 4 ingredients and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Sounds like the perfect summer dessert to me!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Teddy Grahams – I used the classic flavor but you can use any flavor you want. Golden Graham cereal is a great swap too.
- Mini marshmallows – We toast these for extra s’mores flavor.
- Milk chocolate chips – You can also use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips.
- Salted peanuts – You can also omit the peanuts if needed or swap them for your favorite nut.
Can I Use Full-Size Marshmallows?
Regular marshmallows don’t work with this s’mores trail mix, as they’re so much bigger than the other ingredients and don’t allow you to just grab a handful. If you try to cut them, they’ll be too sticky. So stick with mini marshmallows for this recipe!
How to Make S’mores Trail Mix
To make your s’mores mix, begin by toasting the marshmallows.
Turn your oven to broil then spread the mini marshmallows on a baking sheet. Be sure none of touching or they’ll stick together.
Broil the marshmallows for about 2 minutes, until they turn golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes or so.
Carefully pick up two marshmallows and lightly press the sticky sides together. Since the bottom sides will have melted flat, attaching two sticky sides together gives the appearance of one whole toasted mini marshmallow.
Transfer the toasted marshmallows and other ingredients to a large bowl. Stir gently to combine. Enjoy!
Do I Have To Toast The Marshmallows?
No, you can skip this step if desired. It does add a lovely flavor to the snack mix and gives more of that toasted s’mores flavor but plain marshmallows will work too.
The great thing about this s’mores trail mix is that you can customize it however you’d like. Here are a few ideas:
- Golden Grahams cereal
- Broken graham crackers
- Flavored Teddy Grahams
- Dark chocolate chips
- Almonds, walnuts, or other nuts
How to Serve S’mores Mix
You can definitely eat this tasty treat straight from the bowl by the handful – I definitely do sometimes! But if you’re serving this to kids or at a party, there are some other fun ways to serve it.
- You can fill up an ice cream cone with a handful or two of the trail mix – the ice cream cone not only makes a great container but is an edible treat too.
- You can also serve spoonfuls in muffin tin liners, which is great for a party or portioning out a small snack.
- For those who are creative, you can also use parchment paper to create cones.
Store your s’mores snack mix in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Be sure to store it out of direct sunlight or heat, as the marshmallows and chocolate can melt.
This snack does not freeze well.
More Fun Snacks
- Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- No Bake Coconut Energy Balls
- Almond Mocha Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisps
- Za’atar Fried Chickpeas
Toasted S’mores Trail Mix
- 1 ½ cups Teddy Grahams
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup salted peanuts
- Turn the oven on to broil. Spread the mini marshmallows out on a baking sheet making sure they are not touching. Broil for 2 minutes or until the tops of turned golden brown.
- Remove the marshmallows from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Carefully using your fingers pick up two marshmallows and lightly press the sticky sides together. The bottom side of the marshmallows will have melted flat into the baking sheet so by attaching two sticky sides together you form what appears to be one whole toasted mini marshmallow.
- Add the Teddy Grahams, milk chocolate chips, salted peanuts and prepared toasted mini marshmallows to a large bowl and gently mix to combine. Serve or store for later.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.