These Coconut Vanilla Shakeology Balls are one of my absolute favourite Vanilla Shakeology Recipes!
These little protein balls are sweet but are filling and kill my cravings without fail. The hemp heart and chia seeds inside add the perfect amount of crunch and crackle.
A great snack when you are craving sweets and so easy to bring with you when you are on the road. So good in fact I would bring them to a party as a little dessert! No one would know they are good for you they are so good.
Coconut is the best! It can make almost any recipe feel like a brief visit to the tropics.
I love to bake but having baked goods around the house isn’t always the best for my waist line. Being a food blogger who loves to bake it is not uncommon for me to have a pile of cookies or baked goods lying around especially around the holidays.
To avoid turning into one giant “Cookie Monster” at 3:00 pm when the afternoon rolls around I try and freeze my baked goods. This way they are hard as a rock and I have to wait for them to thaw before digging in. Usually I am too lazy to wait so I put them back in the freezer and walk away…. usually saying “Walk away Alisa… just walk away” to coach myself into not turning back!
So to help curb my the afternoon cravings I always need to have a sweet treat available that doesn’t taste like it is good for me. My other go to energy bite are these Almond Espresso Energy Bites.
These took no more than 10 minutes (no kidding) to make and I even surprised myself at how good these were so I had to share this recipe for sure!
They are made up of nothing but goodness! Coconut, Chia Seesds, Hemp Hearts, Peanut Butter and Protein Powder plus a little sweetness with honey.
These Coconut Vanilla Shakeology balls are perfect for a quick snack and super portable to bring with you when you are on the go. When I was a sales rep on the road I always needed portable snacks. Another favourite for the road are Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes. I always have both of these recipes prepped on the weekend for the week ahead. Just put in a little container so they don’t get squished and out out the door! No need to stop by Starbucks for a treat!
I find one is enough for me as a snack and if you are following the 21 Day Fix Program one one would count as 1/2 Orange Container, 2 tsp and 1/4 Red.
Whether you are on the road for work or just busy with kids and life it is always important to have stash of healthy snacks ready to go in an instant. Here are some of my favourite on the road snacks that are portable and keep me satisfied while on the run.
8 Healthy On The Go Snacks!
- Vanilla Shakeology Protein Balls or any energy ball that is low in sugar but has a good dose of protein and fibre.
- Veggies and hummus. I chop my veggies on the weekend so that I can just throw in a container along with a small container of hummus to dip. You can also find individual hummus and packs in most grocery stores.
- Peanut Butter and apple slices. Slice up apples in the morning with a tablespoon of natural peanut or almond butter to dip.
- Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes – make a big batch and freeze or place in a sealed container and grab 2 for a snack.
- Piece of fruit and some nuts. 10 almonds or 8 walnut halves
- A boiled egg and some veggie sticks, For this option you will need bring a small freezer pack to keep the yogurt cold.
- Kind Bar – not the best option but way better than a chocolate bar. I like them because they are full of nuts for more protein and fats with only a little honey and chocolate for sweetness.
- Greek yogurt and chopped apples with a little cinnamon. Reminds me of apple pie. For this option you will need bring a small freezer pack to keep the yogurt cold.
Coconut Vanilla Shakeology Ball Recipe
Easy to make, super portable and delicious! Made with natural peanut butter, seeds, coconut and a little honey to keep it all together.
Coconut Vanilla Shakeology Balls
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 scoops vanilla Shakeology or protein powder of your choice
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes reserve 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla alcohol free
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Roll a heaping table spoon of mixture until forms a smooth ball
- Roll in balls in remaining 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 1 month.