A high protein low carb snack perfect to beat the mid-day slump. Made with only a handful of ingredients this healthy edible cookie dough recipe is packed with 22 grams of protein and zero added sugar!
This post is sponsored by Naked Nutrition. I have been compensated to sponsor this recipe but -as always- all opinions are my own.
Who would have ever thought that all those years eating cookie dough from the bowl as a kid I would still be eating cookie dough well into my adult years! Maybe not the same version but this protein-packed edible cookie dough recipe tastes almost too good to be healthy!
And… you only need a bowl, spoon and a handful of ingredients! A satisfying snack made in about 2 minutes! Hell ya!
For this recipe, I like to use Naked Casein because it is well… naked! No additives, no artificial sweeteners just 1 ingredient – Micellar Casein! And because this protein powder is so clean it is almost flavorless which makes it so easy to use in recipes like this high protein edible cookie dough for one.
What is micellar Casein powder?
Casein is a slow-digesting protein that helps you stay full longer. When taken before bed, casein protein supports the muscle recovery process throughout the night. Naked Casein has only one ingredient: Micellar casein sourced from US dairy farms.
Micellar casein is a complete protein and the purest form of casein protein with having the least amount of processing. Its slow digestion process helps sustain energy but also provides a slow-release of all essential amino acids to repair and build muscle tissue throughout the day or during rest.
What is the difference between casein & Whey?
Casein and whey are proteins are both by-products of cheese production, but they offer different benefits. Whey is a fast-absorbing protein that is ideal to consume just after a workout to fuel your body with quick protein. Casein is a slow-absorbing protein that is better for consuming before bed to gradually provide your body with amino acids. Mid-afternoon is also a great time to consume it because it gives you a steady source of energy to get you through to the end and over the mid-day slump.
What makes this recipe great?
- Only a few ingredients are required
- Quick to make in about 2 minutes
- No cooking required
- Keeps me feeling satisfied because of the slow-digesting micellar casein protein
- Kills my sweet tooth because – chocolate chips and cookie dough tasting batter! Enough said.
- Can be made ahead of time
- Portable – make some up in small containers and bring it with you. You may want to bring a spoon too unless you plan to eat caveman style. Totally acceptable!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Naked Casein protein powder
- Natural peanut butter or the sugar-free nut butter of your choice
- Dark chocolate chips – I use the keto kind that is sugar-free. Usually easy to find in the organic section of any grocery store.
- Water – I didn’t include water in the pic because there couldn’t be a more common ingredient.
How to make this High protein edible cookie dough recipe
So easy there is really only one picture required here. Add the Naked casein powder, peanut butter, water and vanilla to a small bowl and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed. Told you… fast!
other recipes where you can use naked casien protein
- Cherry Lime Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- Skinny Pineapple Smoothie – just swap out for the greek yogurt or add it for extra protein
High Protein Edible Cookie Dough
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Bowl
- 1 scoop Naked Casein Powder
- 3 tbsp Natural peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- Add the casein protein, peanut butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp of water to a small bowl and mix until combined. Add more water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed. Enjoy!