This 3-ingredient Homemade Strawberry Lemonade is like summertime in a glass. Made with fresh strawberries, lemons, and sugar. Refreshing, delicious and makes a whole pitcher!
Nothing beats lemonade on a hot summer day! And while water is always the best to rehydrate with it is not nearly as satisfying as a big glass of lemonade.
Strawberry lemonade is the perfect balance between sweet and tart. The fresh strawberries add wonderful fruitiness and uses way less sugar than the store-bought versions.
What makes this strawberry lemonade recipe great
- Uses fresh fruit – strawberries and lemons
- Makes a whole picture in just 10 minutes
- Want your lemonade a little sweeter – just add a little more sugar!
- Not a fan of strawberries? Swap the strawberries out with raspberries, blueberries, peaches, mango, or pineapple.
- Looking to Part-A? Add some vodka, gin or tequila for the cocktail version
- Frozen works too! Just add replace two cups of the water with two cups of ice for a frozen strawberry lemonade
ingredients you’ll need
- Fresh Strawberries – Wash and trim. Since these will be blended up this recipe is a great way to use up any strawberries that are a little bruised or starting to soften.
- Lemons – Juiced and seeds removed. Fresh lemon juice is the best but in a pinch or when I get a little bit too little juice out of the lemons I have I sometimes top the juice off with the lemon juice you can buy at the grocery store. I always have a bottle in my fridge just in case.
- Sugar – Increase or decrease the sugar in this recipe to sweeten to your liking.
how to make Strawberry Lemonade
Place the strawberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and one cup of water in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
Place a sieve over a large pitcher and carefully pour the strawberry blend into the sieve. This will strain the strawberry pulp from the strawberry lemon juice.
I find that using a spoon to help push the liquid through the strainer helps speed up the process. Discard the strawberry pulp.
Add in the remaining water and a cup of ice and mix well. Give it a taste and if you want to add more sugar this is the time. Want it tarter? Just add a little more lemon juice.
Once you are happy with the taste place it in the fridge for about a half our to cool down or serve right away over ice. Same day is best.
When the strawberries are blended they tend to get a little frothy so if you aren’t a fan of the strawberry froth (I personally love it) just place the homemade lemonade in the fridge for an hour or two to let it settle down.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, but it is best on the same day. If you have a busy day ahead I would recommend whipping up a batch in the morning and letting it cool in the fridge. Be sure to stir before serving.
Can this be made into a frozen lemonade?
You bet! In fact, I highly encourage this on those super hot days! You could even make it super thick and serve it like a snow cone for the kiddos or pour it into popsicle molds for them too!
Need something stiffer?
I got you! Just add 1 1/2 oz of vodka, gin, rum, or tequila! But make sure the kids know which one is yours…. or if they are loud and annoying.. maybe not. Kidding! totally kidding don’t let that mistake happen.
Other summer drinks you may enjoy
- Frozen Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
- Skinny Strawberry Mojito
- Frozen Basil Mojito
- Blueberry Lemon Iced Green Tea
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Lemon Zester
- Lemon juicer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Long mixing spoon
- 8 oz fresh strawberries washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice 3-4 lemons juiced; seeds removed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice
- Finely grate 1 tsp of lemon rind. Then juice the lemons discarding any seeds. You will need 3/4 cup of juice.
- Wash and trim 8 oz of strawberries and cut them in half.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to the blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Over a large pitcher carefully place a sieve over the mouth of the pitcher or if this is difficult depending on the size of the pitcher place the sieve over a large bowl. Pour the strawberry mixture into the sieve and using a spoon help press the juice through the sieve into the pitcher or bowl. Discard the strawberry pulp.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of cold water and 2 cups of ice to the pitcher and mix well.
- Serve immediately over ice or let rest in the fridge to enjoy later the same day.
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy..
- Winter Sunshine Coconut Rum Cocktail
- Skinny Strawberry Mojito recipe
- Skinny Pineapple Smoothie recipe