Toast with friends and celebrate with this green tea shot recipe made with Jamieson Irish Whiskey and Peach Schnapps. Smooth and with a peachy sweet and sour finish.
I am not much a whisky fan typically but this past year my husband who has recently developed a passion for cocktail mixology has changed my tune. Couple that with a visit to Vancouver this fall where I sampled a few whisky creations made by what I might tout as the place with the best mixologist ever… Clough Club.
To be honest overall the cocktails in Vancouver were spectacular and surprisingly not outrageously priced for the quality and creativity.
Typically I stick to wine, beer and vodka and stay far far away from party shots. They add up quickly and after a few who really counts anymore? It is only in the morning when we start to add them up and then realize why we are saddled to the couch for the day right?
But there is a time and a place for a good shot and it is always a good thing to have a recipe at the ready when your friends want to do a toast or celebrate something. Of course, straight-up booze will always work but Gah! Yuck!
A shot that totally hides all traces of alcohol flavour is the best choice in my opinion like this Jamieson Green Tea Shot.
What is great about this Green Tea Shot?
- It has only a few standard bar ingredients
- You can’t taste the alcohol or barley can
- It’s not too sweet or sour but instead perfectly balance.
- It goes down smooth so no need to grab on to something and fan the flames of fire after it goes down.
- It is realatively low in alcohol compared to many party shot recipes so even people who typically avoid shots can most likely handle this one.
- It can be made into a cocktail easily for those who want to sip instead
Green Tea Shot Ingredients
- Jamieson Irish Whisky – a smooth Irish whiskey with a mellow and approachable palate. You can substitute for a whisky of your choice if you don’t have Jamieson on hand.
- Peach Schnapps – An alcoholic beverage made from distilled peaches.
- Sweet & Sour Mix – This can be found in the beverage aisles of most grocery stores.
- Lemon Lime Soda – I used Fresca because I love it and it is sugar free (not that it really matters) but you can use Sprite, 7 Up or even lemonade to top of this shot.
Hot to Make a Green Tea Shot
Start by filling a cocktail shaker about 3/4 of the way with ice. Add in equal parts Jamieson Whisky, peach schnapps and sour mix.
Cover tightly with the cocktail lid and shake vigorously for about a minute. This chills the green tea shot ingredients and adds a little bit of water to smooth it out.
Grab two shot glasses and pour the green tea Jamieson shot mixture evenly between two shot glasses. Then, top with a little bit of lemon-lime soda. Follow it up with a speech or good words and down the hatch!
Now here is where it gets a little crazy….
Does This Green Tea Shot Taste Like Green Tea?
Not at all actually. And to be honest I have no idea why on earth it would be called this except for a ploy to maybe make it seem healthier? Maybe the person who titled it had a love for green tea and drank too many? I have no idea where or why it would be called this except for the fact that the colour resembles a slightly watered-down tea colour.
Can This Party Shot Be Made Into A Cocktail?
You bet! It is really just as simple as not wanting to share with your friends.
Instead of pouring the green tea shots between two shot glasses be greedy and pour it all into your glass. Or be nice and double up the recipe and make two glasses worth. Remember sharing is caring!
How to Make Sweet & Sour Mix
If you don’t have a sour mix or can’t find it in the store not to worry. All it is is just sugar, water and citrus. Here’s what you do:
- Add one cup of water and one cup of sugar to a small pot
- Heat on medium-low stirring occassionally until the sugar and water turn clear. This happens when the sugar fully melts into the water.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of lemon juice and one cup of lime juice.
- Let it cool completely before using.
Store it in the fridge in a tightly sealed container until you are ready to use for up to 3 weeks.
More Party Shots To Try
Jamieson Green Tea Shot Recipe
- 2 oz Jamieson irish whisky
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz sour mix
- 1 oz lemon lime soda
- Fill a shaker cup 3/4 of the way with ice. Add the whisky, peach schnapps and sour mix. Tightly seal with a lid and shake for one minute.
- Strain the drink between two shot glasses and top with lemon-lime soda. Enjoy!