Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, fusilli pasta and feta tossed in a creamy Greek dressing. A flavourful Greek Pasta Salad Recipe made with simple pantry staples!
I always like to have a side dish like this Greek Cold Pasta Salad in the fridge to make dinner prep easy or to add to a piece of chicken breast for lunch.
For me, dinner usually means I make a protein of some kind usually chicken and I cut up some raw veggies for my kids because they won’t eat veggies any other way. I make a salad for Lou and me and throw down the “side” dish salad I meal prepped on Sunday or Monday for the week.
Like many people, I just don’t want to spend to much time thinking about dinner after a day of work so having things made ahead are key to keep me from ordering a pizza or takeout of some kind.
Some of the salad recipes I like to make for the week ahead are:
- Simple Quinoa Salad
- Cranberry Brussel Sprout & Apple Salad
- Easy German Potato Salad
- Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad
- Mexican Bean Salad
- Gluten-Free Fattoush Salad
- Tangy Homemade Coleslaw
What makes this pasta salad great?
- Easy to make using simple pantry staples
- Makes enough for several servings
- Loaded with fresh veggies and healthy fats
- Can easily swap out the pasta for a gluten-free pasta
- This vegetarian pasta salad can be made vegan by swapping out the feta for dairy-free cheese and omitting the greek yogurt. Or you can also use a vegan yogurt.
- Stores well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Served best cold so easy to pack and take to work or school
Greek pasta salad ingredients:
how to make greek pasta salad
Pre-cook 2 cups of pasta and let cool completely. For this recipe, I used fusilli pasta but you can use any short pasta you prefer. Gluten-free or brown rice pasta works well too.
Once the pasta is cooled add the cucumber, onions, tomatoes, feta and olives and the Creamy Greek Salad Dressing and toss.
To make the Creamy Greek Salad Dressing add all of the salad dressing ingredients below to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Then pour over the greek pasta salad ingredients and toss till evenly coated.
How to make greek salad Dressing:
How Long can this greek pasta salad recipe keep?
This salad can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I find that any longer and the cucumbers start to go a bit mushy. Before serving again be sure to retoss this salad so that the salad dressing is mixed throughout. It can tend to settle at the bottom when stored.
Do I have to use Fusili pasta for this recipe?
No, you can substitute any short pasta you choose like rotini, penne, farfalle or even orzo rice.
Do I have to use Yogurt?
I don’t typically like creamy dressings either so I totally get it but this recipe is not like a thick creamy ranch dressing.
The yogurt just adds a nice flavour to it but if you want to leave it out this dressing will still taste great. It won’t make much of a difference at all. Or if you don’t want to use Greek yogurt because you are following a dairy-free or vegan diet simply swap out for soy yogurt.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 cups cooked fusilli pasta drained and cooled
- 1 cup cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomtatoes halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
Creamy Greek Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl add cooked and cooled pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion and feta. Mix.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, greek yogurt, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk till mixed well.
- Pour the Greek salad dressing over pasta mix in large bowl and mix well until pasta mix is evenly coated with dressing. Serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This salad is delicious! I have made it twice in one week. Easy to make and everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
That is awesome Maria. So happy you like it!
nice quick refreshing salad. I doubled the amount of pasta, but did not double the dressing and still had plenty of dressing left over.
So happy you liked it and could modify to suit your needs.
Gotta love a good pasta salad. This one was perfect! Will definitely be making this over and over 🙂
This looks great! I love the creamy approach 🙂
I am all about the Greek flavors happening here! Looks delicious. 🙂
Looks delicious – what a great combination of flavours!
What a great recipe. The dressing is so tasty and quick to make.