This holiday cocktail which I like to call A Partridge In A Pear Tree is a refreshing holiday drink featuring Crown Royal and Pear Nectar. A perfect whiskey cocktail for the holiday season for sipping by a fire on a cold winter day.
I don’t know what came over me but this recipe idea came to me while I was driving thinking about what kind of cocktail I could serve at an upcoming party. I always like to have a signature cocktail for guests to make the evening special.
At the same time I was thinking about this I was listening to the radio and the 12 Days of Christmas came on. I got to thinking… What about a 12 Days of Christmas theme beverage.
I decided on a recipe to celebrate the Partridge in a Pear Tree feeling this little guy is often overlooked. Maybe because most of us have not idea what a partridge is. I mean I know it is a bird but has anyone really seen one before? Besides as a Christmas ornament.
So since this bird seems to really like Pears why not make a recipe using pear nectar. Apple flavours are used all the time but pear… a little overlooked just like the partridge. A perfect homage to this little bird. Or are they big birds? I should probably look it up just in case it is some kind of killer bird I am building this drink around!
Initially, I thought about making this drink using Prosecco because I had just picked up a nice bottle but when to be honest it did not taste very good. So using my husband as my taste tester I got to work.
My husband is a huge Crown Royal fan so that was the obvious starting place. Plus I already knew that people like apple juice with Rye so again a pear most likely will work too.
I had to play with the ratio of pear nectar to rye a bit but a few trials and errors later and this recipe worked out great. So great my husband asked me to make him another which may have been a bi-product of the recipe testing too! I am not a fan of rye or really any whiskey for that matter but I can hardly publish a recipe I have never tried.
I was super surprised I too liked it … a lot! This Crown Royal Drink is super smooth with a light fruity flavour. I am certain all my guests will love this holiday cocktail whether they are regularly drinking Crown Royal or not.
Other Holiday Cocktail Recipes to Try
Have you fallen in love with Crown Royal? It isn’t one of the most iconic Canadian Whiskeys for nothing!
Other ways to drink crown royal
- Drink it neat – add a few ice cubes or drops of ice water to a short tumbler or old fashioned glass and enjoy. Adding a little bit of water allows the flavour of the Canadian Whiskey to open up and smooth out.
- Like you cocktails on the sweeter side? Try adding some Gingerale or Cola or apple juice to two fingers of Crown Royal in a tumbler glass over ice
- Prefer sour or bitter cocktails? A Manhattan will do the trick. Crown Royal, Vermouth, Bitters and Cherries. Here is a good recipe to check out for a Classic Manhattan.
There are so many ways to enjoy this iconic Canadian Rye Whiskey and the golden colour makes this Partridge in a Pear Tree Crown Royal Drink glow. Perfect for Christmas time!
Partridge In A Pear Tree - Crown Royal Drink
- Tumbler Glass
- Measuring Cups
- Stir Stick
- 2 ounce pear nectar
- 1 ounce Crown Royal or Rye Whiskey
- 2 ounce Ginger Ale or to top off glass
- Pear for decoration optional
- In a tumbler fill the ice up 1/4 of the way in the cup
- Add pear nectar and Crown Royal
- Top up with ginger ale
- Stir well
- Decorate with two thinly sliced pear wedges
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like
Pin it for later!