This time of year calls for some hearty meals that will warm your soul. The holidays are almost done and football season is ramping up so there is no better time for a good Healthy Turkey Chili recipe. This is an easy turkey chili recipe that can all be done in one pot and under and hour. It has everything you need to for a complete meal packed with proteins and veggies and you can spice it up just how you like it.
I have eaten a tonne of cookies this year. In fact eating well has just not been in my thoughts at all this Christmas and I have gone a little gang busters on the carbs. For me the holidays are really stressful and brings a lot of anxiety. Let’s just say I am pretty sure I have eaten my body weight in cookies this year.
I have been doing intermittent fasting which has been a game changer. Even though my eating has been way off I have actually not really gained any weight. If you are unfamiliar with intermittent fasting there are a number of different ways to do it but method the fits my lifestyle best is the 16:8 method. So I fast for 16 hours and eat in an 8 hour window.
It may seem hard but really it is pretty simple because I am sleeping for most of the time I am fasting. I stop eating at 7:30 at night so nothing but water or herbal teas and then fast until 11:30 in the morning.
The big question I know you are dying to ask is how the hell does one make it to 11:30 without eating? Coffee! Black coffee keeps my going. Shocker I know LOL. No milk, or sugar or anything outside of black coffee, black tea or water. To benefit from the fast any calories or food outside of this will break the fast and you won’t get the benefits.
So even though I haven’t being seeing the cookies and treats I have eaten present themselves like a muffin top to make my jeans looks awesome (eek). I have also noticed I am less bloated as well. But let’s face it it is impossible to continue the holiday eating frenzy and not pay the price so I whipped up this healthy turkey chili.
Not a sacrifice at all though because this chili is amazing! I might go as far as to say I like it better than beef chili. Yes you read that right!
TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
Easy and Delicious Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini about 2 large or 3 small zucchinis
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili poweder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp crushed chili flakes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or 1 large can
- 2 cups tri-blend canned beans drained and rinsed well
- Heat large pot or stock pot to medium high heat. Add ground turkey and onions and cook until turkey is browned. Use the end of spoon to break meet into small pieces.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, sugar and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mixing occasionally.
- Stir in diced zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened slightly. About 5 minutes
- Add crushed tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Greek yogurt if you like.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…