This Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe is the perfect balance between sweet and spicy and is super quick to make. Serve with Cole Slaw and some Corn on the cob and you are all set.
Super quick is so important to me as I often get overwhelmed when I am done work and am faced with dinner decisions. I tend to be a bit of a stress eater which often sets me out in search of comfort food or something that is going to add a little adventure to my eating.
Flavour is what I crave and usually, I tend to go out and spend money at restaurants on these kinds of days which is a terrible and costly solution. So I have been trying new recipes but remember the stress thing. These recipes need to be easy and quick or I am out the door with cash in my pocket to burn.
I was looking through all of my Pinterest saves… you know the giant library everyone has and saw this recipe from Rasa Malaysia and gave it a try. No need to modify this recipe is delicious so of course, I needed to share it with you!
Not sure why I need to know but what exactly is Sriracha and where does it come from?
My curious son Zachery is always full of a million questions and it seems he wants to get all his questions out at the dinner table so I looked it up!
What is Sriracha?
- A hot sauce that originated in Thailand named after the city where it originated over 80 years ago – Si Racha
- It is made of chili peppers, sugar, garlic, distilled vinegar, and salt and has a similar consistency to ketchup but maybe a little thinner
- It tastes a well spicy of course but it is a little tangy and sweet with a bit of garlic
- You can use it to spice up soups, marinades, rice dishes or my husband puts that Sh*t on everything and even adds it to his burger instead of ketchup
What is great about this recipe; keeping in mind the faster than a speeding bullet life of a mom; is that you can make several batches of this marinade and freeze with the chicken thighs in a tight Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Then all you need to do is thaw the night before throwing on the grill or in the winter in the oven and Bob’s Your Uncle! (If you don’t know what that means it may be a Canadian term for – Done Like Dinner!)
Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
These Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs are tangy with a little heat and perfect for a quick weeknight barbecue. I like to serve with a big salad, coleslaw, corn, garlic bread or a bean salad. If you are a spicy kinda person… no problem add some heat by adding a little more sriracha to the marinade. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl combine garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, sriracha, honey, soy sauce and salt.
- Place chicken thighs in an air tight container or Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Let sit refrigerated for 15 minutes.
- Grill on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until inside of chicken thighs are no longer pink and are cooked thoroughly
If you like this recipe you may also like…