“This White Chocolate Vanilla Cupcake recipe with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is light and moist with just the right amount of crumble. Topped with butter cream icing made with fresh strawberry purreé. Delightful!”
– 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 3/8 cup or 3 oz unsalted butter softened to room temp
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 oz white chocolate
– 2 large eggs room temp
– 5 fl oz homo milk
3. Heat a skillet of water on high until it just starts to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate to a heat proof bowl and place bowl with chocolate into pan being careful not to get any water near the chocolate or the chocolate will seize and get lumpy. Gently stir the chocolate until it is melted, remove from pan and set aside.
4. In a large bowl add butter, sugar, oil, vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer on medium/high for 3-4 minutes until well combined. Use the entire 3-4 minutes and keep mixing until butter mixture becomes light and fluffy.
8. Add in 1/2 of milk mixture and mix until combined. Continue to alternate flour and milk mixtures add in remaining 1/2 of the flour mixture, then rest of milk, then rest of flour mixtures. Ensuring each block of ingredients is mixed well before adding in the next.
3. Remove from stove and transfer to small cup. Cover and store in fridge until completely cooled. To cool quickly you can also put in the freezer for a short bit. Strawberry reduction just be completely cooled before adding to frosting or frosting will melt.
5. Add 1 cup of icing sugar, vanilla and the strawberry reduction. Continue to mix on high until well combined. Ad in remaining 1 1/2 cups icing sugar and continue to mix until frosting is fluffy. Add in and extra 1/4 cup of icing sugar if needed to reach desired consistency.