Ever have those days where you got up late, barely have time to brush your teeth and are starving all at the same time? Stressed about what to grab to eat on the run or even worse you don’t have the chance to eat at all? Find yourself in that early morning meeting and your stomach is saying hello to your boss? How do some Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes sound?
Fluffy just like a regular pancake but made with almond flour, egg whites, protein powder and almond milk. For a protein packed breakfast that won’t leave you looking for the white flour pancakes you usually make!
Making Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
This recipe for peanut butter protein pancakes can be made with either chocolate or vanilla flavoured protein powders and is super quick to make.
I like to make a double or triple batch of these and then freeze. This recipes sizes up evenly so just double or triple the ingredient measurements and it works out great. I typically use Vegan Chocolate Shakeology. Depending on the protein powder you are using you may need to add a little more or less depending on how dense your powder may be. Start with 1 scoop for the standard recipe and add more as you need to so as to achieve the pancake batter like consistency.
For this recipe I used Vanilla Shakeology. if you have Vanilla Shakeology in the house you might also like these Coconut Vanilla Shakeology Balls . They make a great snack to satisfy that nagging sweet tooth.
Portion Sizing for Protein Pancakes and the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan
Once your batter is all set scoop 2 tbsp of pancake batter out per pancake into a pan. You can certainly make them as big as you like but for portion control I like to know that two pancakes of this size is considered a serving. For those following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan I count 2 pancakes as 1/2 blue 1 red 2 tsp
You can gobble these up warm right out of the pan or let cool completely and freeze for up to a month.
So what is so quick about these things and why do I love the so much that they are always in my freezer? Because as you are scrambling out of the house all you need to do is grab to and put them in a baggie or container and out the door. I have been known to carry them in my purse for an afternoon snack as well… Hey it may not be fancy but it is better than hitting a drive thru!
As a former sales rep who was often on the road – healthy portable snack solutions are my jam!
If you do have a little more time to spare toast up a peanut butter protein pancake or two and add some extra peanut butter or maybe even a little jam for a PB&J version. Or if you want to get real fancy put the jam in the middle of two protein pancakes for a peanut butter protein PB&J sandwich!
Enjoy and live well my friends!
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/2 scoops vegan Shakeology or protein powder chocolate or vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp vegetable or coconut oil
- In large bowl mix add almond milk and eggs and mix well.
- Add Shakeology or protein powder, almond flour and peanut butter
- Mix well with wisk until it takes on a pancake batter like consistency
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and melt coconut oil
- Scoop out 2 tbsps of batter in the pan per pancake
- Flip pancakes when bubbles start to form on top of pancake
- Remove from pan and serve immediately or let cool. If making a double or triple batch freeze extra in a sealed container and when ready to eat throw them in the toaster and spread some peanut butter or top if you like!